Fundraise for Habitat
Host a cocktail reception, a dinner, a community yard sale or a lemonade stand. Better yet, knock something off your bucket list; go skydiving, swim across a lake or climb a mountain you’ve been wanting to conquer. The options are limitless – and so is the impact! Planning to run that marathon? Do it in the name of Habitat for Humanity Grey Bruce and raise donations in honour of your personal accomplishment.
- Sponsor a themed Build Day example: Women Build Day, community group appreciation
- Throw a birthday, anniversary, graduation or housewarming party and ask for donations to Habitat instead of gifts
- Gather your friends together for a tournament (eg. video games, Settlers of Catan, etc.) and donate the entrance fees towards a Habitat Build
- Challenge your work colleagues, suppliers and clients to a golf or curling tournament and donate the entrance fees to Habitat
- Host a concert or talent show at your school or for your neighbours or at a local venue and charge an admission fee to help support building a Habitat home
- Put together a walk/run, half-marathon, marathon, biathlon or triathlon event in your neighbourhood or at a local park and encourage participants to raise money to help support a Habitat family
… OR you can come up with an event on your own! We’re here to help in any way that we can.