We are currently accepting applications for a Full time Construction Site Supervisor.
The Construction Supervisor along with the other Site Supervisors provides leadership and management to all aspects of construction from design to completion. This position is responsible to ensure a safe and positive volunteer experience onsite that will enhance the reputation of HFHGB as one of the best non-profit organizations for volunteers to give of their time and energy.
We offer a competitive salary and great benefit package.
Assist with Project Management Tasks
· Design, implementation and monitoring of a critical path for Builds
· Preparation of a detailed materials and contracted services list with cost estimates
· Acquiring Gift-in-Kind building materials (Habitat Canada and locally) and donated services
· Facilitate a positive, team-oriented environment so volunteers have a safe and meaningful experience
· Direct and train Crew Leaders (skilled, regular volunteers)
Skills and Knowledge
· Superior organizational (project management) skills
· Thorough knowledge and solid understanding of new home construction
· Ability to work with skilled and unskilled volunteers, contractors, trades, and diverse age groups
· Strong desire to train, coach and supervise volunteers of all ages and skill levels
· Positive interpersonal, communication and time management skills / Pleasant, ethical and professional conduct
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team / Strong computer skills MS Outlook, Word, and Excel
· Strong knowledge of the Ontario Building Code and the Occupational Health & Safety guidelines
· Minimum 5 years’ construction experience in residential construction methods is required
· Minimum 5 years’ experience supervising medium sized projects (with a value of $300K or more) involving multiple stakeholders
· Experience working (employed or volunteer) with a non-profit, charitable organization an asset
· Work schedule is a flexible 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday with some weekends and evenings
· The work location is Owen Sound with regular travel to Build sites throughout Grey and Bruce counties.
· Valid driver’s license
For further details on this position please go to www.habitatgreybruce.ca
Please send your resume in confidence to:
Habitat for Humanity Grey Bruce Attention: Rachelle MacKenzie, Business Manager
223017 Grey Road 17, Owen Sound, Ontario N4K 5N7 Email: email@example.com
Resumes will be accepted until Monday, January 11th , 2021.
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.