ReStore Salvage Coordinator
Habitat for Humanity Grey Bruce, a non-profit, housing organization, building affordable homes with families who currently live in substandard housing. Since 1987, we have built 44 homes throughout Grey and Bruce counties.
We are currently accepting applications for a Full Time Salvage Coordinator in Owen Sound.
Areas of Responsibilities
Coordinate Salvage Operations
- Assess each project prior to start of salvage following the approved procedures including Health & Safety
- Arrange for needed staff and/or volunteers to complete salvage projects
Product Pickup and Delivery
- Respond to donor requests for product pickup
- Coordinate and complete pickup and delivery of products following a weekly schedule
Required Education, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Secondary school diploma; post-secondary preferable in a trade or construction area
- Strong client service and public interaction skills / Effective oral and written communication skills
- Possess strong computer skills (email, Word, Excel spreadsheet)
- Knowledge in salvage and environmental areas. Knowledge in the use of tools and power equipment
- Knowledge of truck operation and safety. Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Ability to supervise volunteers and staff with a wide range of skills and abilities
- Physical ability to move and lift products of varying size and weight (up to 50 lbs.)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in construction, renovation or salvage reclamation industry
- Minimum 2 years’ experience driving a truck with a clean driver’s abstract
Full time, 40 hours per week, salaried position. Benefit package available.
Weekends as scheduled, work location Owen Sound
Full job description available at www.habitatgreybruce.ca
Please send your resume in confidence to:
Habitat for Humanity Grey Bruce Attention: Rachelle MacKenzie, Business Manager
223017 Grey Road 17, Owen Sound, Ontario N4K 5N7
Resumes will be accepted until Monday, January 28th, 2019
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Any personal information submitted will be managed in accordance with the requirements of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and will be used only to determine eligibility for employment.
Habitat for Humanity Grey Bruce is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.