We are currently accepting applications for a Full time Resource Coordinator
Understanding of and passionate about the mission, vision and values of Habitat for Humanity Grey Bruce (HFHGB), the Resource Coordinator is responsible for carrying out a variety of duties with the Resource Manager including coordinating volunteer engagement, recruitment, retention, and service recognition.
- Assist the Resource Manager with soliciting new sources of funding
- Understand grant writing and actively pursue additional grants
- Assist the Resource Manager with maintaining an individual donor database and stewarding existing relationships
- Maintain Build GIK records
Marketing and Communications
- Seek out opportunities to speak to groups and make presentations about Habitat and volunteer opportunities
- Assist with Adopt-a-Days on the Build site
Volunteer Engagement, Recognition and Data Management
- Design and implement volunteer recruitment strategies in conjunction with HFHGB’s marketing and promotion plan
- Update Volunteer Handbook
- Oversee the recognition program for all volunteers; this will include providing support for organizing and implementing volunteer recognition events/activities
- Prepare monthly report of volunteer statistics and maintain volunteer database
- Organize and oversee Volunteer, Food and Fundraising Committees
Education, Skills and Knowledge
- Post-secondary education with a focus in social sciences, human resources, community development, adult education and/or Volunteer Management
- Strong computer skills including Web page maintenance, Social Networking, MS Office
- Well-developed spoken and written skills, pleasant and professional conduct
- Knowledge of the management of volunteer resources
- 3 to 5 years of recruiting, supervising and coordinating volunteers or other management experience preferably with a non-profit, charitable organization
- Full Time position 40 hours per week. Work schedule is weekdays with occasional evening and weekend work, work location is Owen Sound. Occasional travel. Valid driver’s licence
We offer a competitive salary and great benefit package.
Please send your resume in confidence to:
Habitat for Humanity Grey Bruce Attention: Rachelle MacKenzie, Business Manager
223017 Grey Road 17, Owen Sound, Ontario N4K 5N7 Email email@example.com
Resumes will be accepted until a suitable candidate has been selected.
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Any personal information submitted will be managed in accordance with the requirements of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and will be used only to determine eligibility for employment.
Habitat for Humanity Grey Bruce is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.