Volunteers are the heart and soul of Habitat for Humanity Grey Bruce. Whether you are an individual, corporate team, community group, a small group of friends, with skilled experience or not, there are many different ways for you to volunteer on a build.
Click image to view a short You Tube
reflecting the positive experience enjoyed
by one of our 2015 volunteer groups
In 2014 for our Saugeen Shores build over 300 volunteers contributed more than 5,600 hours to complete the project.
Afterward, from our follow up survey:
- 93% responded they enjoyed a meaningful volunteer experience
- 78% reported they learned new skills
- 92% replied they were likely to volunteer with Habitat again
Over and over it was reported that volunteers just loved giving back to their community and to be able to help our partner families realize their dream of moving into their own homes.
- To help us coordinate the day we ask you to click here and Book a Shift. The build starts at 8:00 a.m. each morning but feel free to show up later. When you arrive on site check in at the volunteer kiosk to sign in. If this is your first shift, pick up your volunteer T-shirt and register.
- Hard hats and safety boots are required on the job site, if you don’t have your own we have plenty. Make sure to wear long pants, shorts are not permitted. Depending on the season, pack some bug spray and sunscreen.
- For the full safety video to prepare you for your first shift, click here.
- Coffee and snacks are served daily at 10:00 and plenty of water is always on hand but please bring your own lunch. When our sponsor businesses or community groups provide lunch we will let you know.
- We supply all necessary personal protective equipment , such as ear , eye and hand protection. We also supply all required tools but if you would like to bring your own favorite hand tools please do.
- We can use your help on the build no matter what skill level you possess so don’t think lack of experience is a reason not to come out. In fact it’s an excellent way to gain some experience in a skill you may not know you had.