Volunteer @ a Build
Our homes are built almost entirely by volunteers, there is NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED. Whether you are a contractor or have never picked up a hammer in your life, we can use your help. Hard hat and safety boots can be provided, you just need to wear long pants. BOOK-A-SHIFT and REGISTER today!!
Please note all volunteers on a Build site must be at least 16 years of age. Volunteers under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign this form and bring to the Build site. Click to download PDF.
There is an opportunity for everyone to participate with a Build. If you feel that the physical work may cause potential harm, we have other positions available that are in constant need of fulfillment. Contact our Resource Manager / (519) 371-6776 Ext. 102,
Any Tradesperson, Contractor or Supplier that would like to supply specific services for our Builds please contact our Site Supervisor /(519)371-6776 Ext. 809.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering to help us with our Neyaashiinigmiing Build! We appreciate you and your group taking the time to partner with us. Without your help we could not provide energy efficient and affordable homes for families in need in our community. Click HERE for map to the Build site.
The 2020 Build will begin in the spring. Sign up for our newsletter to be in the know!
General house keeping while onsite.
- No Experience Necessary
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years old. Anyone who is 16 or 17 years old and working on the construction site must have a parent/guardian sign the Release and Waiver of Liability.
- If you have not used our Book-A-Shift webpage you will need to fill out a registration and waiver, on site. Please sign the daily log book.
- All volunteers must wear CSA (green tag) Steel toed boots on site. Habitat Grey Bruce has several pairs of boots that can be borrowed for the day.
- Dress appropriately for the weather and all volunteers on site must wear a hard helmet and long pants. Habitat Grey Bruce has several Hard hats that can be borrowed for the day.
- Build day Begins at 8 am with an orientation
- Coffee, water and snacks are provided at 10 am
- Lunch at 12 pm. During Corporate Team Build days lunch is provided and promotional pictures are taken
- Coffee, water and snacks are provided at 3 pm.
- Daily wrap up at 4:30 pm
- Carpooling is available from various locations such as; Owen Sound ReStore, Wiarton and Port Elgin. Please contact the Resource Coordinator / (519) 371-6776 Ext. 103 for a ride. Provide 48 hours notice if you require the carpooling service.
Volunteer as a Corporate Group
Habitat for Humanity Grey Bruce offers a unique way for companies to give back to the community, while re-energizing their employees by building together during one of our Habitat Team Build Days.
Volunteer as a Community Group or Organization
Building as a team, helping plan events or hosting your own community event, there are great opportunities for non-corporate community, school and other groups to volunteer together and give back, by helping us build more homes for families. Habitat Grey Bruce offers various options and packages for Community Groups to participate with our Build projects. If you would like more information regarding these options and packages, please contact our Resource Manager / (519)371-6776 Ext. 102
Volunteer @ a ReStore
Our ReStores are retail outlets open to the public that sell new and used building and household items that have been donated. All revenue from our ReStore sales help sustain us so we can build more homes for families in our community!