DRIVER / SALES ASSOCIATE
Habitat for Humanity Grey Bruce, a non-profit, housing organization, building affordable homes with families who currently live in substandard housing. Since 1987, we have built 44 homes throughout Grey and Bruce counties.
We are currently accepting applications for a Full Time Driver / Sales Associate in Owen Sound.
Areas of Responsibilities
Product Pick-up and Deliveries – Work with the Driver and Salvage Coordinator to:
- Pick up products and conduct deliveries as directed by the Salvage
- Fill-in for the Driver and Salvage Coordinator when they are not scheduled to work
Customer /Donor Service
- Ensure that each customer and donor receives outstanding service as defined by the standard of:
acknowledging customers with a friendly greeting, responding politely to customers’ questions (this will require maintaining up to date HFHGB and product information) assisting customers’ with purchases (lifting, bagging, carrying purchases to customers’ vehicles)
- Process customers’ orders (cash, debit/credit) following cash register procedures
Required Education, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Secondary school diploma; post-secondary preferable in a trade or construction area
- Strong client service and public interaction skill / Effective oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge in the use of tools and power equipment
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
- Physical ability to move and lift products of varying size and weight (up to 50 lbs.)
- Knowledge of truck operation and safety. Valid driver’s license.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience driving a truck, Clean driving abstract
- Retail experience an asset
Full time, 40 hours per week, salaried position. Benefit package available.
Weekends as scheduled. Work location is Owen Sound
Full job description available at www.habitatgreybruce.ca
Please send your resume in confidence to:
Habitat for Humanity Grey Bruce Attention: Rachelle MacKenzie, Business Manager
223017 Grey Road 17, Owen Sound, Ontario N4K 5N7
Resumes will be accepted until Monday, January 28th, 2019
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Any personal information submitted will be managed in accordance with the requirements of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and will be used only to determine eligibility for employment.
Habitat for Humanity Grey Bruce is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.